Saturday, November 29, 2008

Now Marinating... Bone-In Ribeye

I'm pretty excited about this one. I was thinking lamb for dinner, but Ralph's was having an incredible sale on bone-in ribeyes. Normally, ribeye is not my first choice, but the bone-in makes all the difference. I had to get it cut in half too, because one full rib is gigantic, about 2.5 pounds.

I'm doing something loosely based out of Cooking with Jamie. It's gonna be soild. Rosemary, which is pretty much my favorite herb, is playing a huge role in tonight's dinner. As it should. I also bought some fresh branches of Rosemary today, it was like $1.20, and it will come in handy. You'll see why.

I'm gonna make rosemary roasted potato chunks to go with it.

Here's what you need:

1 Rib of Beef
White potatoes
Head of garlic
Lemon
Branches of rosemary
Olive oil

I will post up the rest once I'm done actually doing it. Basically I'm going to mix up a oil/rosemary/lemon/garlic concoction. Since I don't have a brush, I'm going to follow Mr. Oliver's suggestion and grab a handful of rosemary branches and just use that as a brush to slather it on my rib. Also, since I don't have a mortar and pestle to smash up the flavors, I'm just using the bottom of a coffee mug. I'm going to let it marinate for a couple hours while I watch football. Simple and functional. He's a smart guy, that Naked Chef.

Wine for the night: Ruffino Chianti, its a pretty nice big manly wine. Perfect for what I'm eating.

No comments: